As I type this, I find myself thinking of my husband. Home Alone. With 3 kids! This time of the year is slow for his business, he is a sales recruiter. So, he decided to stay home with Jack (7), Kate (5), and Maryn (2). They are all on Winter Break from their respective schools and pre-school. Preschool has winter break? I know, right?! My husband is a college educated, business savvy, child rearing moron! This man can think of 10 ways to sell an ice cube to a penguin but is totally incompetent when it comes to figuring out how to entertain his kids. Please don't get me wrong...he is a great Dad. A great Dad! As long as we are doing something. Practicing sports, playing tag outside, building a fort, etc. But when it is 20 degrees outside at 11:00 am and he and the kids are bunkered in. Cabin Fever sets in and he loses it! This morning I gave him a list of 5 things he could do with the kids. I though it was pretty good and might be able to help out other idealess Dads:
1. Take the kids to a movie - At least it's not the same as just sticking the kids in front of the television. It's an outing and some bonding time.
2. Play some board games. Board games are a great way to interact with the kids and teach them sportsmanship and "game manners."
3. Hide and Seek. Is there a better game when you are a kid and your dad is "it!"
4. Write some thank you notes for the Holiday Gifts. Good way to teach the kids the etiquette of writing a simple note to say thanks when someone gives you a gift.
5. Go Bowling. Bowling is fun, easy, and cheap (especially during the week). Again, bonding experience.
There are a ton of other things that you can do to entertain kids during times at home. Your kids will thank you for it. I thought of one more....clean up before Mom gets home!!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
KatieBugShoes.com has launched! It's been a long time coming but it has finally happened! Please check out our adorable toddler shoes. They are stylish, comfortable, durable and also come with a removable squeaker. I will be using this blog to update you on new styles, sales, gift certificates, and pretty much anything else that is on my mind. That's what blogging is right? Anyway, we're thrilled to have launched katiebugshoes.com and are excited to see what 2010 will bring! Stay tuned....